Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Seasonal Part Time (starting 2020 Race Season)
Controls actions of race vehicles through display of flags and lights, signaling Competitors to stop, slow, go, finish, etc.
- Maintains constant communication with track officials, in particular the Race Director and Scorers
- Makes constant observation of track and race vehicles, and immediately reports exact location and nature of any incident or accident, ensuring that appropriate flags and/or lights are displayed to warn drivers
- Sets a good example for peers with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- Maintains constant communication with track officials
- Determines when all competitors are on the track
- Displays flags informing drivers when to
- Proceed with caution
- Accelerate to race speed
- Lineup as directed (pairs or single file)
- Exit Track
- Also displays flags notifying drivers of halfway point, 2 laps to go, 1 lap to go, move over for faster traffic, and to immediately exit track and contact an official
- Operates yellow and red flashing lights
- Notifies other officials of accidents or incidents by stating exact location and nature of incident
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- Minimum 2 year’s Experience
- Teamwork & Leadership Skills
- High energy level
- Excellent Non-Verbal Communications Skills
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily.
AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO EMPLOYMENT, applicants will be asked to consent to a thorough background check, which will include a review of sex offender, child abuse and other criminal history records. Derogatory information discovered during this background check will disqualify the applicant from employment consideration.
Jumbo-Tron Operator / Media Specialist
Seasonal Position (Starting 2020 Race Season)
Work in a fast paced and live production environment performing the following duties: Operate, maintain, and further develop a Daktronic Pro-Star System (similar to Jumbo-Tron), create and manipulate graphic and video media creations, and operate/assist with the filming of live events.
- Operate/Maintain/Develop Pro-Star video board system for weekly races and special events
- Develop new media creations using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite (graphic and video) to ensure fresh, date related, and crowd enticing content.
- Operate or work with another team member for filming of all events
- Archive yearly event footage
- Operate the various functions of the Jumbotron scoreboard as directed by the Events Coordinator or designee
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and makes repairs and adjustments in a timely manner
- Ensures constant upkeep of Jumbotron equipment to the standards of Lucas Oil Speedway.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of Electronics & computers
- Specific Jumbotron training and experience
- Strong drive to learn new technologies
- Extremely flexible to changing environments, project requirements, and fast paced live event situations
- Strong level of advanced computer skills/technology knowledge
- Experience with video/photo editing
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Creative Suite beneficial
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Available to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays during racing season
- Written and Verbal Skills
- Self-Motivation & Initiation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily including the proven ability to secure appointments, create professional presentations and close sales. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sports/entertainment is necessary.
Manual Scorer / Pit Casher
Seasonal / Part Time
As the Manual Score, you will be responsible for maintaining and accurately record race scoring based
upon visual observation of race vehicles on the track.
- Maintains and accurately records race scoring based upon visual observation of race vehicles
- Provides information to Public Address Announcer as it is verified and pursuant to
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Completes required training as mandated by Speedway management.
- Conducts sales transactions in ticketing or other areas as assigned
- Maintains accurate records of all transactions and turns in all monies and receipts at the conclusion of assigned shift.
- Maintains overall cleanliness to the highest standards at all times in all areas.
- Strong knowledge of auto racing and its rules.
- Ability to pay attention throughout the entirety of a race without missing any race action
- Keep track of every car on the track and as they exit in which order they fall out
- Assist with correct stats, and lineup changes
- Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Keep a professional demeanor with the ability to interact with fans, staff members, drivers
- Teamwork, Leadership Skills, Self-motivated, High energy level, Excellent Verbal Communications Skills
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to Count Money and Make Change
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.